Saturday, October 2, 2010

Fatlace Klssic. Part I




So where to start? I didn't know about this event until my co-worker and friend Chris, texted me one night asking if I was going. I thought it was going to be a ghetto hella-flush event, until he mentioned "FATLACE." Once I heard that I knew it was going to be a nice event. I arranged things with my friends, most of them ended up going.
The show started at 11 a.m. and that day I opened and had to work until 2 p.m. When I got off work I realized that everyone had left, and it was only me and Tarci who got left behind. Luckily us, Edson saved the day since he drove from Novato to San Rafael to pick us up. (thanks again man)
It was a short drive, once there I got the hook up on the media pass too bad Tarci couldn't get it, it was disappointing and sad. Once in there Edson, Abraham, Tarci and I joined the rest of the guys Jason, Carlos, and Johnny. It was nice to see those kids, specially Jason since he was actually walking with crutches. About a month ago he got in a bad motorcycle accident. And Johnny well is always nice to see that perb.
Once in the show, Tarci and I didn't lose time and went off to snap some shots.
There were some really nice cars, a rare 1990 celica GT4 which reminded me of the celica I totaled back when I was 14. The show had a little bit of everything, but mostly old school, JDM, hella-flush, some hella stupid flush, wanna be jdm, etc. But overall a good number of cars, most were clean, but the type of clean cars that are daily driven which made the show a little bit not surprising for me, because it was something that I see in NWP on my daily basis. However, I can relate to the owners of those cars the ones that are daily driven and showed, . People with tight budget who are after their passion, and have a goal for themselves and their car.
Overall a good show with great organization, my favorite part was the drifting. Really cool people behind the steering wheel, even dah one of them almost ran me over with his 240.

Something that really cracked me up, was the number of creepers that attended the show. The reasons why I go to a carshow are:
1)Have a good time with friends
2)Cars
3)Cars
and 4) yeah some of the models.

However, I like to take pics of models but maybe just a couple, but seriously 90% of the people who had cameras at the show were creepers. There was a model who barely possed with a lexus and out of the blue like 30 creepers jumped to snaps some pictures, and Tarci was one of them. I took only one picture of the model who was alright looking, and the rest of the pics were about the creepers-Tarci included.


L to R: Carlos, Jason, Edson, Abraham, and Johnny.
Jason and Edson matching on everything even their movements.
Carlos talking about how he hates hondas.
Johnny looking at some girl, Carlos looking at the food place and Jason just staring at Johnny's ass which poped out.
Carlos being serious.
Tarci
Really clean, rare GT4. I don't think anyone realized that this car had some rare parts, like the jdm white corner lights all around. Different set of wheels will set it off.



Stock engine bay.
JDM front end integra with a full wired tuck engine bay and an H22 engine setup.

This STI had a nice stance.
no kid is not flushed.
I don't think anyone noticed that this M3 had Porsche Carrera GT seats. I wonder how he got those seats.
Clean NSX
Clean civic, with nice wheels, but I'm still not a fan of the hella flush low offset trend in fwd cars.



At least he's a supporter of Joey and The Chronicles.

clean datsun.

And the heart, 2JZ engine- supra engine.


I don't know who the owner is, but the DA on the left belongs to one of the guys from ATS garage. First thing I noticed was the wheels. I remember those wheels from the super street feature that Fred Chapman got 2 years ago in his ek20 beast.











Interesting EG sitting on some old school Mugen wheels.



This is the model walking towards the lexus to poss for the official photographer from fatlace, while the creepers approached the scene

This is the picture of the model, you can see all the creepers starting to pile up, and this fool jumped in front of me...wtf man.

From L to R: Tarci and all the creepers with and with out cameras.

The point of view of a creeper. (left profile)
Different point of view of a creeper (right profile)


This is it for tonight, I'll post the drift part as soon as I can. It was a nice event, it would've been much better, or I could've enjoy it even more if it wouldn't been so hot; in addition to the fact that I was wearing a black tee plus a 98F temperature = FAIL.

No comments: