Sunday, October 3, 2010

Fatlace KLssic. Part II

The drifting part. Indeed it is fun to see drifting, specially when they crash. Thus, getting the media pass gave me that opportunity to feel like the freelance photographer, or reporter that I was supposed to be for Street-touring.com before they went down.
As always the guys from FATLACE found a nice spot in vallejo to place the mini track to go sideways. It had plenty of space to have some amateur drifting. The were little islands around the track for the photographers, but there were sections that were hard to distinguish if it was part of the track or space for spectators...that almost got me run over by a 240sx I saw the car coming then went behind my back and almost run over. If I had not move 3 or 4 feet I would've got fuck, and bad. Thank God nothing bad happened.
There were really nice cars drifting, a lot of 240's, AE86, an old school USDM corolla, a 350z, and a Hyundai...yes a hyundai.
Something that I've noticed in the drifting scene is that the drivers, most, not all but most of them have a high sence of style.
Unique hairstyles, apparel, etc. And yeah some of them are pretty chill.
The were was not such thing as competition going it was just free laps around the track, some went on groups, others in solo sessions and so on. It was a fun day, but something that bothered me was the heat and that I hardly got good pics of the cars drifting. Some were underexposed, others overexposed...no panning at all. Just chaos that made me quite upset, and it was also my first time shooting with a telephoto lens, the cheap one that cost like $300, yet it helped me capture some detail. But I have to keep shooting to get good at it.

I think the heat and the absence of clean hondas made Edson desperate to leave early. Once in the car we had some issues with the car alarm. However it was nothing that Edson couldn't handle. That kid is going deep into cars, he is even taking a body work class. I think he is going to end up painting my future poss.
It was a good day overall, I got to see Jason and Johnny and had some fun.
Just hope the next gathering, show, meet, whatever the same group comes. Good times are made by those with whom you enjoy being with.

Enjoy the pics.







Ruckus gang, those things were sick!!

This is the guy who almost ran me over.
Did I mention the sense of style that these guys have? I guess props to this guy for rocking the pink jeans.
Some cool cat!
240sx kuoki! love that car.









L to R: Tarci, Abraham and Edson

Heading to the car
It took three people to peel out the cover of a sticker.
The look of a creeper! slightly out of focus.

No comments: