Saturday, October 9, 2010

A Nostalgic Moment.

This was in my head back in 2008, when I was about to start school. I post it on my myspace blog.

P.S. Gladly it wasn't my last post haha.

So this is going to be my first Blog entry in myspace. Hopefully not the last one.

First Day of School

Ok, I started my second semester of classes this week at COM. I was excited and at the same time quite nervous. It was a short week, but it was enough to have an idea on how most of my teachers work. Most of them had a great personality, I hope they can hold it through the whole semester. I had a great week, even when weather was like crap.

For most of us, I believe, first day of school is exciting. We all are excited to see who are going to be our classmates, teachers, etc. But I bet that at some point in the middle or at the last days of the school year, we can get a little bit anxious to finish school, and be free to enjoy the summer. Therefore, we have mornings that we say: "I don't wanna go to school today." But not on the first day of school. (Thats in my case.)

Then, it came to my mind a kid from Mexico, who didn't want to go to his first day of school. To avoid that, he glue his hand to his bed with some kind of super glue. Just to not go to the first day of school and watch cartoons. Wow.



http://youtube.com/watch?v=pBqHUmmwC6U&feature=related

ARAGAN!!


P.S. Gladly it wasn't my last post haha.

=========================

Flood in San Anselmo! February 29, 2008

On this post I remember I put quotes on the pictures, they seemed amusing at the time, and they kind of still are.

Flood in San Anselmo

About two years ago, due to the storms, the river that runs across the city of San Anselmo, flooded. Leaving many stores and homes in ruin.

On Friday night we heard that San Alsemo had a Red alert. My uncle works at a restaurant in San Anselmo. He decided to go to check it out and help the owners to put sand bags around the place. Oscar and I decided to go as well. To our surprise, the restaurant is barely 15 yards away from the river.

I thought that the place where the river pass was going to be desolated. But no, It was kind of crowded. Most of them, photographers and curious people taking a look on how big the river was. Oh yeah, lots of cops and ambulances were there. With out mentioning the reporters of many channels.

While I was taking some pics of the river, some resident of the area asked me how much time I gave to the river to overflow. I told him that 5 hours. Fortunately, my prediction sucked. It didn't overflow. And I bet that many families are going to sleep with out that stress, thinking in the water coming to their properties.



No comments: