Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Black and White, and some Color.


Most of the pictures that I take are in color. And it wasn't until couple weeks ago when I started to shot on black and white. I have to admit that I was never interested in black and white photography, I didn't want to look outside the box and appreciate the great contrast and perspectives that black and white gives to some pictures.
I've been shooting a lot in black in white these last two weeks. Here are some of my shots, and the last picture is a portrait of Jose, my cousin. I have to admit that the portrait is, so far, my favorite. Why? Well, the because of all the things going on in the picture. It's a panning shot, everything is on motion except for him. Thus, he actually looks normal in that shot, he was being himself and wasn't posing-being normal. haha.
The original picture was in color and thanks to photoshop I turned into black and white.
About the rest of the pictures, most of them were taken on a Sunday, September 19, 2010. I remember just getting out of work, rode my bike to the overpass between Lincoln ave. and Dominican University. I was determine to have fun, be careless about anything else but have fun taking pictures, and unburden myself of all that drama that life brings. There are two versions of each shot, the black and white and color. I didn't edit any of the pics. The black and white picture is a complete different shot of the color shot. I would have kept going but I got hungry, and when nature calls, you gotta go.
P.S. All the pictures were taken in the last couple weeks, except for Jose's portrait. And just click on the picture to see it at a higher resolution.

VW bus, a.k.a. papa cucon
Graffitis on Lincoln ave.
The new bike path by Lincoln ave.
The overpass.

Different point of view.
Lagoon by Civic Center
Laura...chilling
Skulls....





Tungsten color
Normal colors


No comments: