Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Perseids Meteor Rain/ Shower Part II


I'll make it short, I texted some of my friends to let them know what was going on, and then headed out with my cousins to pick up a friend that wanted to go and take pics.
As we got to her house she flake, kind of disappointing until she told me I could use her tripod. We headed off to park in the cuts, where there were no city lights, I set everything and started to take pictures. We hadn't even spent 10 minutes at the place when the sprinkles of the park turned on. I had to rush out of the place, we all got a bit wet, but I was just happy that camera was still dry. After that episode we headed to china camp. We were barely starting to see the stars when some mother F... appeared out of the blue. I mean, we were in the middle of China Camp, an state park aside from the city, which is quite hard to get to by just walking, and yet we were still in the cuts and this guy appeared asking for water.

I was taking pictures of the hill, I took at least three shots of the hill with the road, and the sky, and then I heard the steps on the gravel. I thought on graving the tripod with the camera and have it ready as a weapon. There was no moon that night, just the stars so it was quite dark for me to see. Right after the steps, I heard the guy saying "whats up" and asking for water. I of course told him I didn't have any. My cousins saw him and we saw how he disappeared in the dark. Weird people out there.

In the last two pictures there's a variation of shadows, I guess the shadow is the guy.


Chloe complaining she was too tired to go.


Mario and Chloe petting some old blind cat.

The first location, slightly out of focus.
random shot
Jose, Mario and I playing with the camera.



This is where guy appeared, he is not in the picture for some reason.


The last shot of the night with out meteors whatsoever.

No comments: