Monday, July 5, 2010

Triumph Daytona 675


We see sport bikes bikes all the time. Sometimes speeding down the highway, cruising around downtown, or simply just parked on the street. Some of them are so nice that we keep walking straight but we kept looking at them, these are the famous neck brakers.

Last weekend I had the chance to finally shoot my friend's bike. I met Carlos back in high school, when I was a junior and he was freshman. I didn't see him for at least 3 years, until I saw him back in March. That day we met up with a bunch of friends and went to the beach, I found out that he had a nice black Triumph. He saw my camera and told me to photoshoot his bike. It wasn't until last week when that happened. We made plans for two weeks in a row and nothing seemed to work out, due to our "busy" schedule if we can call it like that.

Last Saturday, after work I headed out to warped tour, but my friend called me to go to his gf's bbq, hell friends are more important than going to a dead punk concert where I was going bymyself, and indeed I was going only to watch bands that have heard of playing punk rock (insert here emo bands wanna be punk rock)
After spending some time with some friends, headed back home, and got a message from Carlos, asking where I was. I knew what was the next text. "wanna photo shoot my bike?" Of course I had time, after figuring out the meet up point. We headed to a desolated area to start the session.



Right after a few parked pics, he did a wheelie, and got an ok picture of it, we headed off to another location, where we finish the day, and where Irvin joined us. This guy scared us, he stopped abruptly and went on reverse quite agressively. He scared me because: first, I had my keys in the car. Second, I didn't recognize the car. And third, what would you think if a car pulls over in the way Irvin did it? ....safe to say a thieve?

It got dark too fast, and I didn't get the chance to get to a location where Carlos could do a burn out, and where we wouldn't get in trouble with the law. The next day after I got off work, it was a really nice, hot day. I asked my friend/partner in crime, David a nice location to make a burn out. Luckily he sent me to a nice location, where we finally did it. On our way to the location I picked up Chloe, who helped snaps really nice pics. She got the best shots of the burn out.

Carlos' bike is awesome. Beautiful machine, with an exquisite tone on the exhaust and a perfect black paint.
Let the pictures make the talk.










I love panning shots, this one is one of my favorite.

Carlos and Irvin.





This shot made Carlos happy, he said he had dreamed for this one.
Glad I help.

No comments: